I will not comment, I will not comment, I will not comment

OK, I'll comment. I haven't seen The Passion of the Christ yet, but I'm very glad it's making an impact. I have to admit I'm kind of squeamish, and the thought of watching the torture and execution scares me. As far as all the conversations that are happening all across the country right now, I think that in general it's a good thing though I can not stomach much of it. It seems to sway between banality and hyperbole. Typically, I stay away from conversations like those. I heard Mel Gibson in answer to a question on the violence say that's it's like Saving Private Ryan in that it's an integral part of the story. It is the story in fact. I see his point. No use making the movie at all otherwise. But I felt the same way about Saving Private Ryan as I do about this one, I can't watch. I close my eyes. There is something to be gained from comparing these two movies. Both of them highlight the sacrifice made by another on your behalf. The boys that stormed the beaches at Normandy and didn't come back sacrificed everything so that you could live your life in freedom. Jesus sacrificed his life so that you would no longer have to live cut off from God. I live everyday of my life thanking God for these things. How about you?

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...