I gotta get some Johnny Cash

On the way home from work tonight, listening to NPR, I heard a bit of Johnny Cash singing "Pocahontas" (written by Neil Young). Wow. It sounded so...so...I don't know; real?, powerful? There are several really good songs on that Neil Young album, Rust Never Sleeps. My favorite is Powderfinger. When I heard Cash singing this song, I reminded myself that I don't have to sing in the same key as Neil. Johnny was probably two octaves below the original. I'm gonna get that music book out and try it. I've also got to go buy some Johnny Cash CDs. I've been meaning to, I just never get around to it. I can really appreciate a good writer. Lyrics, fiction, non-fiction, haiku; whatever. It's a lot of work. You really got to have something to say. (a little voice in my head just told me, "yeah, so why don't you shutup!") Damn!, now I just remembered I was supposed to go over to my mother's house sometime this week to set up her VCR. I forgot. That is, her fourth VCR in as many weeks. She just a little picky when it comes to her taping. I don't blame her. Went to Steak N Shake with my dad and my wife last night. I felt like I was in a Twighlight Zone episode. These two worlds are not supposed to meet! Chaos could ensue! But, both of them had a good time and I was happy to watch them get along so well. And, yes, I barely got two words in edgewise.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...