I tried to be good

You know, I tried. I've tried to keep politics out of this blog. Mainly because there are so many other blogs that do that. I'm not going to start ranting, but I have to write about something that happened today. I attended a Methodist seminar today. These things are by nature stupid and slow. Why do I go? Usually I would go to support a new Christian who may be exploring the idea of getting more involved in our church. Also, to support our pastor who many times is pressured to attend these things by his boss. So I go. There are two sessions today (Saturday; one was last night but I just couldn't do it). The first one was "The 21st Century Worship Experience." Well, if a laptop and a Powerpoint presentation is 21st Century, I think even my little church has got that one covered. It was lame, though the young people who presented it were, I thought, probably good vibrant church leaders in their element. The second one, though, wow. It was given by an ex-Jesuit and it was called something like Asset-based community organizations. I don't know what is was called. It was one of those two-sentence titles. Anyway, here's a couple of quotes from the guy: After presenting a hypothetical dilemma He asked, "What should you do?" Someone spoke up to say, "Pray." He says, "Na, that won't do any good, what else?" "OK," I'm thinking to myself, "What time is it?" Another remark from this guy was, "Jesus is just another Jew on a cross without St. Paul." Alrighty then. Now I just want to leave. But no, he looks right at me and asks, "What do you think so far?" I say, "Well, I tend to look at things from the other side." That's all I said. Now I do give the guy credit for being sharp. From that one statement he concluded that I was a right-wing fascist. Without taking a breath he accuses me of not supporting a women's right to vote (that's right, I said vote, not choose!) and of not supporting Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights movement. Wow. Then he said Rush Limbaugh should be kicked off the air for making racist comments. I was flabbergasted. I thought to myself, "I'm going to go down the hall to another session, I think they might be talking about Jesus down there." But, thankfully, it was over. We've got alot of work to do in the Methodist Church. Tomorrow, I get back to work.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...