So now...

So after finally getting out of the restaurant business, I worked at home for two years with Annette. She runs a Secretarial Service with mostly medical transcription, but a few regular word processing jobs. During this time I became proficient in MS Office and Web Page construction. I taught night school for a while which I really loved. At the peak I was teaching two Intro to Computers classes and one class each on Word, Excel, Access and Web Page construction. I was busy. I call this period the summer of my life. I think I knew it couldn't last because I wasn't making much money, but boy was I having fun. I went to my first Science Camp that year and my first Annual Conference (the Methodists' big organizational meeting). It was such a freeing experience. Like years of stress and oppression lifting gradually off my shoulders. So I finally had to consider getting a real job. But, what kind of job? Did I have enough skills to get a web-site job? No, probably not. What about an "office job?" I just didn't know. Annette just laughed and said, "trust me, you can do the job." When it comes to getting jobs I just do what she tells me. I've never had reason to doubt her. We sent out a couple dozen resumes and I got called to an interview to a place where the receptionist couldn't tell me what they did there. By the time I was home from the interview they had called to offer me the job. After a bit of bargaining, I accepted. I started the next day. I've been here going on four years now. But what do you do, Rich!? Ah, it's really boring. But, what do you do? Not really much of anything. But you get paid pretty well don't you? Yes, I do and with some very nice bonuses last year too. So what do you do?! You see, it's like this...Oh, gotta go. I'll explain later.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...