Goober gets it

You know, I would have been wrong on this one. I sure thought it was one million. Oh, well; just call me Barney. Also, apologies to Marty who told me Saturday night when she saw me at the coffee house that the answer was 15 million and I told her "no, it's 1 million." So in the time she spent thinking about it, Goober comes in with the correct answer. So Marty, you got it right. We had another great coffee house Saturday night. About 50 people showed up. In addition to Marty and Wally, my Dad and his wife Judy, my Mom! and her "friend" Les Meyer. Russell sang a beautiful rendition of Blue Moon which his Mom came to hear. That was very nice. The "oldies" that I picked turned out to be good choices. I could really hear everyone singing along on most of them. A friend from work also came down to hear us. Now he can go back to tell everyone how cool I am. Nobody believes me when I tell them that I used to be a rock star. I think it's the bald head that throws them off. Maybe I should tell them that I used to be a folk singer. Then, like last month, the youth Coffee House started in at 9:00 pm. And again, I can't tell you what a thrill it was to see all these kids coming into the church on a Saturday night to hear some really loud music. Is this the "church social" of today? It sure looked like it to me. This morning we had an infant baptism. This always gets me choking back tears. The Pastor asks the young parents if they will "renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world.." Then he turns to the congregation and asks us to, "surround this family with a community of love and forgiveness, that they may grow in their trust of God, and be found faithful in their service to others." These are the things that are important in life. In fact in these words are the secrets of life itself. 'You ready? Here they are: 1. Trust God 2. Reject sin 3. Surround yourself with a community of love and forgiveness 4. Find fulfillment in joyful service to others There you go, no charge.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...