A very nice, warm evening on the south side

It really feels like spring now. Actually, today felt more like summer but I'm not complaining. It was a beautiful day and evening. The trees are blooming and when you turn your car down South Grand, you feel like you're under a giant canopy of green. It suddenly becomes quiet and serene. When I come around the block to my street, I always turn off the radio. I just love our block. Quiet, green; great neighbors to sit and gab all night to. I have three young people that work for me in my office. I always take the opportunity to ask them some pertinent trivia questions, especially on history when conversation may turn to something in the news. Today one of them commented on the new nickel that she had just seen. I asked her if she knew who that was on the front of the nickel. She guessed Washington. Oh, well. After I told her it was Jefferson and mentioned the Louisiana Purchase in context of the new nickel, I asked if anyone knew who we bought it from. Nobody knew. I keep trying. Here's the trivia question for the day: How much did we pay for the Louisiana Territory?

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...