Big Hits of the Seventies

With the next Coffee House coming up a week from Saturday, we've been trying to finalize the list of sing-a-long songs. After much arguing with Annette, here's the list: Joy to the World (Three Dog Night) Take it Easy (Eagles) Have You Ever Seen the Rain? (CCR) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown (Jim Croce) When Will I Be Loved (covered by Linda Ronstadt) Take Me Home Country Roads (John Denver) I Feel the Earth Move (Carol King) It Never Rains in California (Albert Hammond) Drift Away (Dobie Gray) The arguments always center around whether people will know the songs well enough to sing along or not. For this reason I always want to stick songs that hit #1. The problem this time around is...well, it's the '70's! I almost put "You Light Up My Life" on the list! That was a big hit. The Gibb family had more than a few hits in the seventies. I don't know, when you look at the list, it just seems like the music degrades as the decade goes on. Maybe I'm just getting old. What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles