It's been a while

I know, I know, I haven't written anything it quite some time. Well, Annette and I have been walking every night and that's sort of been taking up the time that I would otherwise be writing in. The walking has been great though. I feel a lot better and it's a scheduled time to spend with her so we get all the day's stuff out of the way. We call it debriefing. Also, what time I have at the computer, I've been preparing for Science Camp because it starts this Sunday. I always bone up on the subjects I'll be presenting, so I've been reading and writing and rehearsing. Some family news for you; Emily will be baptized this Saturday at 10:00 am. It'll be a small gathering at a state park outside of St. Louis off the Meremac River. I'm very glad she's choosing to follow Christ. I know it will make a big difference in her life and the older she gets the more she'll appreciate it. She's already light years ahead of me when I was that age. She's strong, beautiful, healthy, smart, loving. I was a loser. And I don't blame my parents anymore. They're both very good people. I was thinking about this tonight: Very few of my family went to college. My Mom or Dad did not. Their siblings did not nor their parents. My oldest sister graduated right on time but never really worked in her field which was Special Education. She's quite happy now though, working as a massage therapist. My little sister did finish finally after starting a family and now she's an art teacher at a correctional institute. My middle sister dropped out and joined the Air Force. All these things happened a lifetime ago now. Nobody cares anymore. The other night as I was sitting on the front porch, I thought, "I should go try to write. (blog)" But when I went upstairs, I started playing guitar. I had just seen a old clip of the Andy Williams show with Simon & Garfunkel. The three of them were singing Scarbourough Fair. It just blew me away. Paul Simon is my guitar hero, and their voices just blended perfectly. Back upstairs, I suddenly remembered a bunch of Paul Simon songs that I was sure I'd forgotten. Then I drifted into James Taylor and a line from him really hit home with me. There's a song that they sing when they take to the highway A song that they sing when they take to the sea A song that they sing of their home in the sky Baby, you can believe it if helps you to sleep But singing works just fine for me

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles