Tuesday Night

Tonight, we went to the observatory. I never get tired of visiting this place. The dome opens with the rumbling sound of gears from another time, and you see the night sky through the slit that's cranked open by hand and then you see the giant refractor pulled effortlessly with one hand into position; it's a boy's dream come true. Yes, I was the young boy who gaped awestruck at the night sky. So many stars, galaxies and who knows what else. Deep sky objects like clusters and nebulae, I knew where they all were. I could tell you all about them, what they were and how they were formed. I could tell you their fate; where'd they be in a billion years or so. This was all before my interests shifted to people over things in this universe. Now I so desperately want to see a young person stare likewise at the open skies. I want them to ask me what it all means, did God create all of this? Is infinity the same as eternity? tonight, I stand in awe and endless gratitude to God for preparing me for this. I want only to share some small part of His love with the kids here this week. Well, fossils await us very early tomorrow morning and I must get some sleep. (The Missouri State Fossil! Look it up.)

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles