Two Thursday Nights

It somehow seems fitting that I just noticed that there were two entries called Thursday Night on my Blog. They're both basically the same entry; I tried to publish it late on Thursday night, but the Blogger server was down or slow and I didn't think it got published. I printed out what I'd written and went down early Friday morning to publish it and changed the date/time to show Thursday night. Like a time warp it was. Well, obviously, it did get published along with the second one. Oh, well. And, to wrap up Science Camp: It's the next Tuesday night now, and I'm at home at the computer. It's past midnight as ususal and Annette and I just got back from our 2 mile walk/run. (Yes, we're running a little now too.) For me, this was one of the best Camps ever. Mostly because I'm not depressed to be back. I'm ususally fighting depression and grief after I get back. This year, as I mentioned in one of the entries from last week, I knew that I had to remove myself from the picture. In secular terms I had to get my ego out of the way. In Christian terms, I had to put others before me. The philosopher Jesus said, "The first shall be last and the last shall be first." I like the way Mark puts it, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." Science Camp is all about balancing a secular world-view with open minded skepticism. Kids today get years and years of secular naturalism taught to them as if it's the only world-view there is. As to the answer to #4: I've written in a previous entry about my conversation with God concerning the Evolution/Creation debate. He was not impressed with the parameters I'd set for the argument. His answer to me was, "I love you and everything you need, you'll have." I choose to believe the Bible. I also believe that God has given me a unique set of tools to help others with this problem. This is why I am prompting and facilitating discussion far more often than I am answering questions.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles