The first debate

Just a quick note tonight on the first presidential debate for 2004. I watched it with my dad and both agreed that Kerry did well. Bush, not so well. If we were scoring a high-school debate team, Kerry wins. But, this is not a high-school debate, this is real life and there many, many other factors that will come into play over the next month. I've always know this was going to be a tight race and I still believe that. I won't belabor any individual points that were either made or missed by the candidates tonight. I'll only remind all of something Tim said to us tonight: Imagine the person who has not made up their mind already and they sat through this 90 minute debate. That's a special person! What will they likely take away from it? They at least saw John Kerry as someone who "looks and sounds right." In Bush, they saw someone who talks like their uncle. They may not decide until they walk into the voting booth.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles