A short summer turns over

Labor Day, 2004. Where has the summer gone? Science Camp, Pensacola...gone. Bellerive Day is just two weeks away. Boy, I'll be glad when that's over. For those who don't know, Bellerive Day is the day when 50 homes on Bellerive and Dover have Garage Sales on the same day. Kingshighway Methodist is the center of the event and I'm the coordinator. To be fair, we're the coordinators; Annette is at least as responsible for it as I am. It's about one solid week of work. When it's over I know summer is really over and I can start preparing for Christmas. You laugh?! One must be prepared. Besides, I love Christmas; especially the music. I start practicing by Halloween at the latest. Anyway, this summer holds special meaning for us as a family as it's likely to be the last of our nuclear family summers. Next summer, we'll be saving money instead of vacationing and moving Emily to Columbia where she'll be attending college. I can't believe my little girl is a senior in high-school this year! I just dropped her off at kindergarten yesterday. She's got no business going to high-school I tell ya', she's just a baby! OK, she's a pretty big baby. About 5''6' I'd say.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles