Something simple, like abortion

I think I'll write about something simple tonight. Oh, I don't know, like abortion. I think I'll stick to my Whereas/Therefore formula. Whereas:
  1. Life begins at conception.
  2. An unborn child is innocent of any crimes of man.
  3. There are approximately 126,000 abortions conducted each day worldwide (link). That's worse than any war.
  4. Pregnancy in the developed world is almost entirely preventable by behavior modification. (Sadly, only 22% of abortions are done in "developed" countries. This is an argument for another day: the correlation between power, poverty and pregnancy.)
  5. The desire to end an unwanted pregnancy is normal. There's nothing wrong with your emotions. But, because emotion often leads us into regrettable actions, I think a mandatory waiting period would be a big improvement.
  6. If you believe that it's a sad and harsh necessity to murder an innocent unborn child sometimes, then I have no argument with you. You have to live with that.
  7. I don't want to change the law, I want to change your mind.

Therefore...well, therefore, just agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles