Sunday Night Football

We just watched the Rams beat the 49ers on "Sunday Night Football" and the Cardinals start the first round of the play-offs this Tuesday against the Dodgers. (105 wins for the Cards this year!) My apologies to you Californians out there, but there's always next year. If you follow football at all, we're glad to see Kurt Warner doing so well in New York too. The Cardinals have a very good shot at the Worlds Series this year, though they'll have to get by Houston, who just swept three games from us last week on their way to clinching the wild-card spot. This really is an historic team this year and the hitting in the line-up is just awesome. Anything can happen in a 5-game series though. I report for Jury Duty tomorrow to the Civil Courts Building in Downtown St. Louis. The building has been recently renovated much to my dismay. I really loved the old building with its gigantic ceilings and light fixtures left over from a different time. I love to take a Robert Heilein book to read, because the Courts building always reminds me of the settings of his fiction. I'll take either Revolt in 2100, published in1940, or Beyond This Horizon, published in 1948. I think I've read each of those books several times now, and I look forword to reading them again. I'm going to try to liquidate my comic book collection. Well, some of my comic book collection. I've separated them into three piles. There's a pile of about 200 that I'm keeping because I like them, and there's a pile of about 100 that I have no attachement to nor are they worth anything. That pile is reprints mostly. Then there's the pile of about 600 that, one way or the other, I'm going to liquidate. I've posted a few of them on Ebay just to get started; see if anyone bites. I've received a good bid on one of them already. These are all Marvel Comic Books ranging in dates from about 1960 to 1980. There all worth anywhere from $1.00 to $10.00 each. The ones I'm keeping include some that I paid good money or traded other valuable issues for. When the movie, "The Punisher" came out in 1989, I traded a Spider-Man with the Punisher's first appearance in it for a small pile of very old Journey Into Mysterys, which is the title that Thor first appeared in. I'm keeping all of my Thors and Daredevils.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles