Winston Churchill's birthday

John and Rob, two of my brother-in-laws, and I once had a discussion about who was the "Man of the Century?" The 20th century, that is. I said Dwight Eisenhower and John said Winston Churchill. I don't remember if Rob put his two cents in. Well, I found this quote from Ike on Churchill: "[he] came nearer to fulfilling the requirements of greatness in any individual I have met in my lifetime. I have known finer and greater characters, wiser philosophers, more understanding personalities, but no greater man." That's saying alot coming from what I consider to be one of the greatest men of the century. On the anniversay of Churchill's birthday, take a minute to read this short article. And, if you don't know much about him, read this entry from the Wikipedia.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles