The Old Man has heart procedure

My dad had a procedure to shore up his abdominal aorta this past Tuesday. His heart/aorta is fine but he's struggling with the incisions to his groin that they went through to do the procedure. I went to Steak N Shake with him the Thursday before, kind of a last smoke before the surgery. I mustered up the courage to call him Monday night to wish him well. That actually went pretty well. I managed to state simply that I was calling to wish him well and he managed to thank me for doing such. This is big stuff. Today he had enough strength to call me. He wanted let Annette know how much he appreciated her coming up to the hospital after the surgery. That night I had a long meeting at church where several people besides me, including his sister, were anxious to hear any news. It was nice when I received a text message from Annette, "He's out of surgery. He's OK." This wonderful technology did not help me however, when I promptly forgot to call my sister with this news. Sorry Becky! Just a thought on Christmas: The stronger I become in by faith, the less Christmas holds any emotional importance in my life. It's a wonderful time of year, don't get me wrong; I love the weather and the music etc. But, spiritually, well...I try to stay focused on what's important. My relationship with God and my relationships with others. If the holiday can enhance these things, then by all means, let's watch Frosty the Snowman again and sing White Christmas one more time!

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles