Nothing to say

I just thought I'd let you'all know that I really don't have anything to say. Is that so wrong? I know, I could tell you about my day or what I did this evening. But, I'm telling you, and I've said this before: not only is my life quite dull, but it cycles around the religious calendar and I do the same things each year over and over again. If I started telling you everything that's going through my head right now, it would sound exactly like everything that was going through my head this time last year. At this time of year for instance, we church folk start planning for Lent and then Easter. There, I said it; are you happy now? Well, Emily has started her last sememster of her last year of high school. I'm very happy for her. I know that it's a strange and wonderful time in a person's life. Still stuck in high school, but very anxious to get out into the grown-up world. My advice: enjoy it, soak it up. Next September will be here before you know it and your new life will be starting. High school will be just a childhood memory. My senior year of high school was a blast. We had a good jazz band that year and we went to Kirksville MO to participate in a national competition. It was February 27, 1977. My 18th birthday. We won first place. My life has been downhill ever since. We were immediate local heroes, playing all the grade schools in the city along with a string of other competitions. That last semester I rarely attended classes. It really spoiled me and I was not prepared for normal life when I went to college the next year. Local hero no more. But this guy was. He was our 1st Trumpeter that year. It's good to see he's doing so well, he was really talented.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...