Sometimes, I get depressed

Yes, it's true, I sometimes suffer from depression. Overall it's really very mild; it just sort of sweeps in unannounced from time to time. I believe it's mostly, if not completely, psychological/emotional. Ironically, I seem to sabotage myself with it when things are going quite smoothly in my life. Over the years, Annette has figured out just the right combination of leaving me alone and "snap out of it" to keep the episodes short lived. For my part, I usually say and do the exact opposite of what I want. She ask, "What's wrong?" I'll answer, "Nothing." She knows what that means. I know I couldn't live without her. I don't know how anyone lives without someone to lean on. I know men and women are different, and can be leaned on for very different things, but everybody needs somebody to lean on. I'm glad I've got mine.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles