you's speak American?

It's a well known fact down here that if you want to work at Steak N Shake, you have to speak the language good. "You's ready to order?" better be the first words out of your mouth if want a decent tip from me. And when they start tellin' me about the "soup of the day" at Steak N Shake, c'mon, do you see me lookin' at a menu? And what's up with the "Hostess Will Seat You" sign? I can think of a few things she ought to be doin' instead of seating me. How 'bout wipin' off the table so I can sit down? And another thing: did you hear they're gonna bring the Metro Link right through my Steak N Shake?! It's brand new! That ain't right! Yeah, the one right there on Gravoise and Hampton. And the Walgreens. Yeah, that's brand new too! That is not right. Where'd I hear it? From Bessie and she heard it from the girls at Jack-in-the-Box, probably Jan, and she pretty much knows everthing. I will not eat at the one on Chippewa, if I have to, I'll just go back out to the one on Lindbergh. That used to be mine; until they built the new one on Gravoise. Now they're talkin' about tearin' it down. Did you hear that? Somebody told me that.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...