Easter 2005

We had a good Easter here at the Hudson home. It was a busy, but nice weekend. Emily's been working most weekends, but she likes her job. Friday night Annette and I went to the Good Friday service at our sister church. Saturday morning we drove out to beautiful Dittmer, Missouri to help a friend move back to St. Louis. She's separating/divorcing so a bunch of us from church went out to help her. Saturday night I spent at church preparing the breakfast for Sunday morning. Sunday morning after the Sunrise Service at Bellerive Park folks always come by for breakfast. It's not big, just about twenty-five or so. Easter Service was very nice. A packed church as usual for Easter. My Cousin Ken's niece Tara and her fiancé came and later they told us they'd decided to get married here at Kingshighway. Her grandmother, Ken's mother, my aunt Beth would be very glad to hear this. I can't help but to think of her each Easter as she's the one who always arranged for the Easter flowers in the sanctuary. When I see the tulips and lilies, I think of her. The big news in these parts however is the announcement by my elder sister Becky that she, Becky, is going to get married. Married for the first time, I'll have you know. I know she's happy and I couldn't be happier for her. She's found a great guy named Steve who's just wacky enough to fit it with our family. We've met all of his family now, and they're frighteningly similar to ours. Southsiders, to be sure. Steve is a Realtor and he recruited Annette to join the brokerage that he works for, so now, those two just sit in a corner talking real estate and nobody else has to listen to it. It's great. The wedding is planned for the summer of 2006, so I hope that's enough time for Becky to plan everything. Well, I've been writing this blog for a little over a year now. Talking about my Aunt Beth a minute ago, I was reminded that I said the exact same thing in last year's Easter blog entry. Oh, well, I warned you; I'm boring. I'll leave you with the first verse of a Charles Wesley hymn that every Protestant on earth sang Sunday morning:
Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia Sing, ye heavens and earth reply, Alleluia

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles