Supreme Deflation

This is the first time I've disagreed with so many conservatives. I'm talking, of course, of the nomination to the Supreme Court of Harriet Miers. Most conservative pundits; and that is most, not all, have been "deflated" as a result of this nomination. I use the word deflated because it seems to appear most in the editorials I've been reading, and I think it describes what all these conservatives are feeling. "Angry" is another word; yes, cheated and angry. They don't know where she stands on abortion? Oh, gosh, let's see... I'll bet she's pro-choice! Yeah, right. But she's never been a judge! Good, I say. It'll do the Court good to have someone who's worked for a living serving. And besides, it won't be the first time a nominee has never worked as a judge and it won't be the last time. It's cronyism I tell ya! Oooh, that one really hurts! Why, I've never heard of such a thing! (Do I sound like Jon Stewart yet?) She's a single woman, never married, no kids, was the first woman to do about ten different things in the country of Texas, and then she became the President of the United States' lawyer; surely that counts for something. Besides, it's the Senate's job to confirm her or not to confirm her. They are elected representatives. If the don't like her, fine; vote her down and let's do it again; no problem. I'm willing to be that they'll (and most Americans) will love her. Election 2008 update: I just wanted to re-establish where I stand on the next presidential race: Since just after the 2000 election (that's 2000, not 2004), I've been predicting the race between Guliani and Clinton. Ask Wally if you don't believe me. Anyway, at this point, I have no reason to change my mind. That's who I think will be your candidates in 2008. Guliani will win. Now, having said that, I would gladly eat my words if my candidate would run. I don't think he will, but a boy can hope. The smart Bush boy, Jeb.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles