We the pee...

We the pee...pul; We the pee-pul! That's what I think about when I think about Don Knotts. There are so many, of course. But, that episode where Barney goes through the entire Preamble without remembering a single word; well, it just doesn't get any better. Don Knotts died yesterday at age 81. That same day I received a birthday card from Jennifer. A Barney Fife birthday card, that is. Barney on the envelope and on the card. It was special. Yes, my birthday is Monday, the 27th. Tonight, we spent a quiet evening at Becky's with just Mom, Russ and Becky & Steve. It was very nice. This morning, at his request, I picked up my Dad for church. Methodist Church, that is. He usually attends with Judy at her Catholic service, but she was out of town so he wanted to come with us. No special plans for tomorrow. I have three lessons in the evening; that pretty much fills the whole night. In fact, everyday this week is booked already. Wed. is Ash Wed. already! I can't believe it. Spring and baseball are not far behind. Thanks to all who sent well wishes for my birthday. I'm sorry for not writing more. Here's a couple of old blog entries when I referenced Barney or Mayberry: Spring is Here from March 19, 2004 First Real Front Porch of the Year from April 16, 2005.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles