Music lessons for an 11-year-old

I just got back from teaching a music lesson for a friend's 11-year-old boy. He bought a recorder at Toy-R-Us with a little book and his mom thought he should get a lesson or two. Possibly move on to the guitar at a later time. This kid was smart. Daniel is his name. I mean really smart. He had already memorized the first one or two music lessons that I would have given him. He had all the rudiments down. Of course the one time I needed a recorder I couldn't find ours. Annette, (my wife, named after THE Annette - Funicello) says she gave it away. My daughter says I can use her flute or clarinet if I need too. I mentioned that I don't play the flute or clarinet and she seemed surprised. Anyway, it was a fulfilling experience. I don't know why I don't try to teach more music. That's all I ever wanted to do when I was growing up. Now I have the time to do it, so maybe I'll do more of it. Maybe.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

I don't want to jinx it but...