Thanksgiving Weekend comes to an end

My last entry was last Tuesday night after returning from a service at Church. Since then, it's been non-stop holiday. Wednesday night at Annette's sister Dottie's house, Thursday; all day at my Dad's and then over to Annette's Mom's that same night. Friday, back to Annette's sister's Margie's house for more fun and merriment. Saturday; I had to work 'till noon, followed by a small nap and then...what else? back to Annette's Mom's house for dinner and more party! Thanksgiving, if you haven't guessed yet, is big in Annette's family. Furthermore, Annette's family is big! She's one of ten kids; 8 girls and 2 boys. Usually, Thanksgiving brings them all in from all over the country, but this year just some of the came in. It's a bit more conducive to conversation when it's not so crowded. I felt like I actually talked to a few of the out-of-towners. Many people, whether family, co-workers or social acquaintances, don't really know us, do they? Short conversations once or twice a year will not suffice to make and hold a relationship, will they? I, for one, have been terribly lax in the tending to these relationships. That's one of the things I hope this outlet can help me with. Can this web-log be a substitute for a personal relationship? No, of course not. But it can compliment and maybe augment a relationship to then spur growth and fulfillment. Who knows? That service for Ruth really did move me, and I'm going to keep on trying.

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles