A nice Christmas weekend

Last night (Sat.) we held our annual Christmas sing-a-long at church. In the past we've done it in the sanctuary, but it gets a mite chilly up there in the evenings this time of year. So, we did it downstairs in the fellowship hall. Since we now have a sound system for down there it just make sense. So, we invited everyone, I made some wassail punch, everybody brought cookies and snacks and a good time was had by all. I even borrowed a karaoke machine from a neighbor and I found a Christmas karaoke CD with some all time favorites on it. Annette and I did our Bing Crosby and ???? impersonation on Silver Bells. (Who sang with Bing on that one? Try to get it before Rob does.) The preacher even got up to sing one for us. A fun time was had by all and I wish everybody could have been there. Then, this morning, at Church, it was the Children's Christmas Program. This is my fourth year being the director of that. Each year I challenge myself to doing something that is the epitome of simplicity. This year I extracted paragraphs from A Christmas Carol and each kid read them. In between each was a verse of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (there's 7 of them). Then at the end I recited the last line of the book with three of the littlest guys lined up in front of me. On cue they yelled out, "God bless us everyone!" Rich & the Tiny Tims...what'd ya think? A great name for a rock band, no? How silently, how silently The wondrous gift is given So God imparts to human hearts The blessings of his heaven No ear may hear his coming But in this world of sin Where meek souls will receive him still The dear Christ enters in

Popular posts from this blog

A warm spring night

You see, it's like this...

More on the Beatles